Contrary to popular belief the most frequent question about SaltConf16 was not, “Is that a real crystal chandelier?” We were mostly asked, “Is this thing being recorded? If so, when can I get the recording? Are the recordings available yet? Will the recordings be available in Betamax format? Why can’t you give me the SaltConf16 recordings already?!?!”
More than seventy very Salty talks were delivered at SaltConf16, and we recorded most of them. Five concurrent tracks of sessions covered a lot of ground from intelligent, event-driven automation, cloud orchestration, DevOps enablement, container control and modern configuration management.
Organizations like National Instruments, Virtustream, Lyft, Clemson University, USDA and Adobe shared how they are using SaltStack® to automate complex and unique infrastructures at scale. SaltStack engineers and developers unveiled details of the latest SaltStack innovation and shared Salt best practices covering topics like Salt Reactor and Beacons, Salt Proxy Minions, Salt Package Manager, Salt Formula and much more.
And we have the keynotes and breakout sessions from SaltConf16 sponsors like IBM Cloud SoftLayer, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, VMware, SUSE and Virtustream that highlight how SaltStack is used to automate the enterprise infrastructure and application environments. Thank you to all SaltConf16 speakers and sponsors for helping us deliver the biggest and best SaltStack user conference yet.
So, to answer the original question, we are publishing SaltConf16 video as quickly as we can. There are three ways to get access to the content:
1. The Best of SaltConf16 webinar series – Based on attendee feedback (and the most packed breakout session rooms) we’ve picked the best of the best SaltConf16 talks and will make them available through “The Best of SaltConf16” webinar series:
- July 27 – USDA, Ron Williams – “Building Web Platforms at Scale with SaltStack and Docker” Register Now
- July 13 – Cloudera, Drew Malone – “SaltStack is Not Configuration Management (It’s So Much More)” Register to get access to the webinar recording
- June 22 – Corey Quinn, Director of DevOps – “Heresy in the Church of Docker” Register to get access to the webinar recording
- June 9 – Adobe, Christer Edwards – “SaltStack for Ops Security, Compliance and Infrastructure Hardening” – Register to get access to the webinar recording
Registration for additional “Best of SaltConf16” webinars will open soon:
- August 11 – Virtustream, Steven Gonzalez and Chad Heuschober – “Automate Your Automation with SaltStack at Scale”
2. SaltConf16 tech talks – SaltConf16 tech talks were delivered by the SaltStack engineering and services teams. Please request access to the video of these presentations and we will send a link to the private playlist.
3. SaltConf16 use case talks – Most of the SaltStack customer, user and SaltConf16 sponsor video recordings are available from the SaltStack YouTube channel playlist titled, “SaltConf16” or you can watch them in the embedded video player below.